|GIA Jakarta Ristorante|
So I've rounded up a list of various places to eat / restaurants from high end to casual ones in Jakarta which are open on 5, 6 & 7 July 2016. Here they go:
1. Hotel Restaurants
Why not spend a bit more over some great meals with your families to celebrate this holiday? Why you should consider one of these restaurants, is because hotels never closes during holidays, so their F&B outlets will certainly stay open too, better still if you're staycation-ing in one of the hotels, because the Room Service will be available 24/7. Besides, five star hotels in Jakarta offer various choices of dining, from Chinese, International buffet, Italian, Japanese, French, etc.
|From Jakarta Restaurant at The Dharmawangsa Jakarta|
- Fairmont Hotel Jakarta: Spectrum (international buffet / all day dining), Sapori Deli (Italian), 1945 (Indonesian)
- Grand Hyatt Jakarta: The Grand Cafe (international buffet / all day dining), C's Steak & Seafood (seafood, western)
- Hotel Borobudur Jakarta: Bogor Cafe (international buffet / all day dining), Miyama (Japanese), Bruschetta (Italian), Teratai (Chinese)
- Hotel Gran Mahakam: Le Gran Cafe (international buffet / all day dining), AOKI (Japanese)
- Hotel Indonesia Kempinski Jakarta: Signatures Restaurant (international buffet / all day dining), OKU Japanese Restaurant (Japanese)
- Hotel Mulia Senayan: THE CAFÉ (international buffet / all day dining), Orient8 (French & Pan-Asian)
- InterContinental Jakarta Mid Plaza: RASA Restaurant (international buffet / all day dining), SCUSA Italian Restaurant (Italian)
- JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta: Sailendra (international buffet / all day dining), Asuka (Japanese)
- Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel: Bengawan Restaurant (international buffet / all day dining)
- Mandarin Oriental Jakarta: Cinnamon (international buffet / all day dining), LYON (French)
- Pullman Jakarta Indonesia: Sana Sini Restaurant (international buffet / all day dining), Kahyangan Shabu-Shabu & Teppanyaki Restaurant (Japanese)
- Pullman Jakarta Central Park: Collage (international buffet / all day dining)
- Raffles Hotel Jakarta: Arts Cafe (international buffet / all day dining)
- Shangri-la Hotel Jakarta: SATOO (international buffet / all day dining), Shang Palace (Chinese), Nishimura (Japanese), Rosso (Italian)
- The Dharmawangsa Jakarta: Jakarta Restaurant (international buffet / all day dining / pan Asian)
- The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan: ASIA (international buffet / all day dining), LOBO (modern European)
2. Shopping Malls
The next safest place to go to would be the shopping malls. So far I only know of one shopping mall that's closed tomorrow, 6 July 2016, the first day of Lebaran, that's Plaza Indonesia. so its next door neighbour, Grand Indonesia would be a happy host to all visitors. Yes, expect it to be a sea of humans people!
In the shopping malls, there are several major F&B groups which are still open tomorrow:
- Union Group:
Some of my favourite restaurants are run by this powerful F&B group: Benedict, Caffè Milano, E&O, Cork & Screw, Union, Canteen, etc.
|source: @unionjkt Instagram|
|Benedict by Union Group|
- Ismaya Group
Another local born and bred F&B powerhouse that has made its presence internationally too, is Ismaya Group. Ismaya is successful for its wide range of strong and catchy F&B concepts from casual, family friendly, to high end dining, and they cover a wide types of cuisines too. Just to name several examples: Publik Markette, Social House, SKYE, Pizza e Birra, and a whole lot more! It's outlets are present in literally all the major shopping malls in Jakarta, hence are accessible to anyone whichever parts of Jakarta you are, whatever your dining preference is. This table was compiled by myself, with the help of one of Ismaya's Brand Managers, Raynald Soeharto (Thanks Ray!). It's a loong list, but I've made it available, for you, you're welcome ;)
- Sari Rasa Group
Sate Khas Senayan by Sari Rasa Group has become my go-to Indonesian restaurant because it is present at many strategic locations and they consistently deliver the flavours. Their concepts include, from the more affordable Sate Khas Senayan, mid range with Tesate, to high end range with 1945 Indonesian Fine Dining. The stores are open as usual, according to shopping mall hours, except on 6 July: 12 noon onwards.
- Boga Group
The local F&B franchisee powerhouse, Boga Group, offers a more casual and affordable dining options that appeal to families, like Bakerzin, Pepper Lunch, Paradise Dynasty, Paradise Inn, Master Wok. Their stores too, will be open according to shopping mall operation hours, except on 6 July, which will open from 12 noon onwards.
Soooo, which restaurants are going to be your choice to celebrate this year's Eid Al Fitri? =)
For live and regular updates,