Have you ever been frustrated that your favourite restaurant only takes dine-ins or at most take-aways, but no delivery? You might want to try your luck at Foodpanda.
What is Foodpanda?
In a few words, it's an online food delivery service. No, it doesn't send your food via emails, but rather you order via The Internet. So skip the need to call the restaurant or the delivery hotline and save those phone credits for your meal instead. You can always tap into the free Wi-Fi at public places nowadays ;)
Turns out Foodpanda is a global network and has presence in no less than 28 countries scattered in Asia, Latin America, Africa and Europe. It's a very interesting fact that I'd just discovered. Although so far only Foodpanda Indonesia has the mobile application. For more information about Foodpanda, you can find them here.
So, when hunger strikes, don't go to a restaurant, but go online on your desktop, laptop, even your mobile phone (download the apps on Apple Store or Android Market, links are below) and start ordering away!
Here's what I did when I tested the service:
1. Select your city (Jakarta, Bali, Bandung or Surabaya) and then select your location (eg: Thamrin, Bekasi, Ampera, etc)
2. A list of available restaurants will appear for your specified location. Choose one.
3. Choose from the available menu, state the quantity of order.
4. Input the required fields such as delivery address, contact number, email, all the basics.
5. And I shared my experience on my Facebook wall. Sharing is fun!
6. You will be asked to input the verification code sent via text message to your mobile phone, such as below.
7. Also receive an notification order via email.
8. The delivery guy / girl arrives at your door and you pay cash on delivery.
I didn't have to wait long and it took only 30 minutes for my food to be delivered (well, truth was: my office was at The Plaza and Chopstix was just downstairs...I only had so many choices and Chopstix is what I'm familiar with). Good thing that the food arrived and was still hot.
So this was what I had for lunch that day. Some Stir-fried Beef Kwaytiaw, fried Vietnamese Spring Roll and Ice Teler Chopstix.
- Foodpanda has opening hours from 09.00 - 22.00
- Check the delivery time carefully, some might take 1 hour or even more, depending on your relative location.
- Delivery Charge may / may not be applicable and the amount varies. So check your Order Form carefully before confirming the order.
If you are in a central area, Foodpanda is definitely convenient to get food delivered to your door, so you won't have to depend on the few fast food restaurants (you-know-whos) and you'll have more varied and healthier choices. Delivery charge is also reasonable and you get to make sure that your food is what you see on the menu. You're also doing the office boys/girls some kind deed by relieving them some duties occasionally. =)
Foodpanda Online Food Delivery Portal
Hotline: +6221 50111388 (this is the help line of food Panda, not connected to the restaurants)
Facebook | Twitter
Foodpanda Indonesia Apps: Apple | Android