Din Tai Fung entered the Indonesian market just a few years ago and today it has expanded to a total of 6 outlets that are spread all over Jakarta's popular hang out spots. So far I've been to 3 of its outlets in Plaza Indonesia, Plaza Senayan and Pacific Place. In my honest opinion, the outlet in Pacific Place was the most easthetically decored. The furniture was dominated with light coloured wood and once inside, you'll notice that there's a mezzanine level. We didn't waste our chance and requested to be seated upstairs. With the low ceiling and overlapping wooden planks all around us, I felt like I was inside a cozy nest.
Upon opening the menu book, we were greeted by an interesting selection DTF's Fruit Mocktails & Smoothies. I chose the Green Apple Cooler. The drink itself was dominated with apple flavour, and it tasted very well with the real lychee bits at the bottom. Si fraîche!
|Green Apple Cooler (Green Apple & Lychee) IDR 35.000|
It's curious how we didn't feel hungry until we saw the tempting pictures in the menu! Well, it's really hard to resist juicy, warm & tender treats like these:
|Wan Ton tossed with Spicy Sauce IDR 52.000|
I promised myself to dedicate a few lines to commend this Wan Ton tossed with Spicy Sauce. The dumpling itself was a yummy and juicy blend of shrimp and chicken. The brown spicy sauce literally tingled every taste-buds on my tongue, such a perfect fusion of sweet & saltiness and just the right amount of spiciness. What makes it even more irresistible was the aromatic onion & shallot scent (oh yes, I love both of them both for cooking and eating), simply divine!
|Pink Diamond Seafood xiao long bao IDR 38.000 (4pcs)|
As far as I know, you can only find coloured xiao long baos in DTF Indonesia, not elsewhere (eg: Singapore, Australia, etc). Wonder why huh? We Indonesians seem to like to experiment and 'play' with our food, remember the donuts and frozen yogurt fads a few years ago? Apparently these chains don't do as well overseas as they do back home. Alright, facts aside, I still love the Pink Diamond Seafood & the Onyx BBQ Chicken xiao long baos. Yummy variation to the good old original ones.
The rest of the feast was history!
I tried one of the items off hot dessert. This particular item attracted my attention and it didn't disappoint at all: the Black Sesame Pudding with Mochi. The mochi was served piping hot and the peanut coating that was finely ground with sugar, gave the chewy balls some crunchiness. The black sesame pudding was worth a try too. =)
|Black Sesame Pudding with Mochi|
Each visit to Din Tai Fung has always been such a pleasant and tummy-filling experience, no wonder it's tagline is "The World's Tastiest Dumpling".
- Plaza Senayan Arcadia | Ground Floor Unit X101-103 | Jl. New Delhi No. 9 | Ph: +62 21 5790 1288/78 | Fax : +62 21 5790 1279 | Blackberry PIN : 2316B6BD
- Pondok Indah Mall 2| 3rd Floor Unit 352 (North Skywalk) | Jl. Metro Pondok Indah | Ph: +62 21 7592 0986/85 | Fax : +62 21 7592 0984 | Blackberry PIN : 2316B79B
- Plaza Senayan (Noodle Bar) | 3rd Floor Unit 318C | Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8 | Ph : +62 21 5790 0163 | Fax : +62 21 5790 0162 | Blackberry PIN : 2316B6CB
- Pacific Place | 5th Floor Unit 52 | Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52 - 53 | Ph : +62 21 5797 3151/52 | Fax : +62 21 5797 3153 | Blackberry PIN : 2316B71C
- Plaza Indonesia | 3rd Level Unit 30 | Jl. MH. Thamrin Kav. 28 - 30 | Ph : +62 21 2992 3583/82 | Fax : +62 21 2992 3584 | Blackberry PIN : 2316B738
- Mall of Indonesia | Ground Floor Unit C1 | Jl. Raya Boulevard Barat | Ph : +62 21 4586 8001/02 | Fax : +62 21 4586 8003 | Blackberry PIN : 26E6C2E1
Taiwan | Japan | China | Singapore | Korea | USA | Malaysia | Australia | Thailand